Who are we?
BTCentral offers an independent, specialist Web Development service based in Cheltenham, United Kingdom.
Over the past seven years BTCentral have created various websites; along with commercial and open source Web applications, such as the award-winning UserAuthenticate and BTCentral eCMS our bespoke eCommerce system.
btcentralplus, spam, etc.
Anything to do with btcentralplus is nothing to do with us - please contact British Telecommunications plc instead.
Centmin is a bash script developed for use on CentOS 5 & 6.
It is designed to provide a fully functional NMP plus DNS stack - using minimal resources.
BTCentral Centmin features:
- Updates any pre-installed software (via Yum)
- Secures /tmp (and /var/tmp) directories
- Installs development tools needed for compilation of Nginx and NSD
- Sets server to use your local timezone
- Installs Nginx, MySQL, PHP 5.3.8 (with FPM)
- Installs NSD (DNS Server - a low-memory alternative to BIND)
- Installs NTP (Other than on OpenVZ VPS)
- Installs Sendmail (enables PHP to use the mail function)
- Optional: Installs Alternative PHP Cache, XCache, Memcached, Siege, MariaDB, ConfigServer Firewall
Current Version: 1.2.3 (Released 04/10/2011)
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to keep informed of the latest updates.
How to use:
1) Download the script from:
London, UK (via Linode): wget http://www.btcentral.org.uk/projects/centmin/download.php
New York, US (via 6sync): wget http://www.btcentral.org.uk/projects/centmin/download.php?m=ny
Los Angeles, US (via PhotonVPS): wget http://www.btcentral.org.uk/projects/centmin/download.php?m=la
2) Extract the archive:
tar xzf centmin-latest.tar.gz
3) Follow the instructions in the included readme.txt